Dienstag, 22. September 2009

Stephanie Ware and why she needs to be stopped

Blessed are those that do not know who Stephanie Ware is, for they probably don’t want to bang their heads against the wall until the pain stops. To give you a short summary: Stephanie Ware is a poor, sick girl that claims to be Jensen Ackles’ real wife. She has been doing so over the past few years on various internet platforms, sometimes posting as herself, sometimes as her cousin and now her daughter on Twitter.

I believe that every fandom has its lunatics that claim to have dated or date their star, but I’ve never witnessed it going as far as in this case. I could try summarizing what that woman did all day, but you just need to google her name and you’ll find dozens of entries. A very good one that sums up what happened so far is this livejournal entry.

After having read up on Stephanie Ware – or if you know her already – you can probably understand that I feel ashamed, annoyed and also worried.

Ashamed because I am a Supernatural fan as well; a very devoted, even somewhat ‘obsessed’ one, if obsession to a healthy extent means watching every episode and re-watching the old ones, thinking the Impala is the coolest car ever and memorizing the exorcism ritual. What I’m not, though, despite me being a ‘Dean-girl’, is in love with Jensen Ackles – a guy that a) lives thousands of miles away b) has thousands of fangirls that all swoon for him c) I do not know personally and therefore can’t even know if we’d fit together and d) most importantly: is happily dating the wonderful Danneel Harris, who I adore and admire. That said, you probably think: “What the heck? I’m the same. Anything else would be totally crazy.” And you’re right, it would. Nevertheless, Stephanie Ware lacks all of the abovementioned insight and common sense. And that, in return, makes me feel ashamed to belong to the same group of people as her. I am deeply ashamed that both her and me are Supernatural and Jensen Ackles fans and that people who do not know us normal fans might think we’re all lunatics like her.

Due to that reason I’m annoyed. Annoyed every time I see the negative effects people like her have on our reputation. And I’m horribly annoyed by having to read the nonsense she writes and by stumbling across new entries and articles and postings where she states to be Jensen’s wife and some people believe her.

Me being annoyed and ashamed I can handle, but as I said, I’m also worried. We cannot know whether she’s just a crazy fangirl that spreads lies on the internet and might even be a somewhat sane person in real life, or not. Stalkers and impersonators can be dangerous, depending on how strongly their mind tricks them to believe the crap they made up. At some point, they can’t distinguish between fantasy and reality anymore, and that’s when it gets really dangerous. Now I don’t want to expect the worst, but none of us can know for sure that Stephanie Ware won’t go to a convention one day and throw herself at Jensen – which would be somewhat the lesser evil – or even attack him or, more likely, Danneel.

This is what I’m really worried about. And I’ve been pondering if there’s something we, the true fans of Jensen who respect his private life and are happy for him when he is, can do.

So far, I came up with two options.

1. We ignore Stephanie Ware completely. It is a very common notion to believe that annoying people will stop as soon as they get no attention at all. In order to achieve that we have to clarify the facts and have to let everyone know who Stephanie is and what the lies are she spreads, so that nobody can be fooled by her anymore. Then, we simply ignore her. No deleting of her posts in forums, no insults, no replies whatsoever. We act as if she didn’t exist.

2. We strike back. We get every internet platform that features her sites and entries, such as myspace, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, forums etc. etc. to delete her pages and block her IP. In order to achieve that we’d have to write plenty of emails and find out where in the world wide web she has left her footprints. So that maybe one day, after seeing that she can’t register anywhere anylonger, she gives up trying.


Like I said, these are the two I’ve come up with. I’m not saying they’re the only ones we’ve got. What I AM saying, though, is that I feel responsible to do something. The way she treats both Jensen, but more, Danneel is beyond disrespectful. I don’t know which actions, maybe even legal ones, they have already taken against her. But maybe not many because I’m pretty sure they don’t spend their days googling Stephanie Ware and trying to contact the administrators of those webpages that feature her. If I was one of them I’d probably ignore her and hope she’d go away one day because it would upset me too much reading the crap she writes.

If you know what their position on the whole thing is, if legal action has already been taken and we therefore shouldn’t do anything, please tell me.

My suggestion and my request to you now is: forward this to all of your friends that know Supernatural or One Tree Hill. And leave a comment with any form of feedback, suggestions, additions, corrections. Let’s do something for Jensen and Danneel in return, since they are the ones that made us laugh, cry, sit on our seats biting our fingernails in worry for the wonderful characters they play. Let us be true and devoted fans and show others that we do NOT tolerate behaviour like Stephanie’s. Let’s ban that bitch from the internet for good. We’ve got work to do.

1 Kommentar:

  1. http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Stephanie_Ware_1347692/

    AntwortenLöschen